Several New Balance Nationals All-Americans and Team NSAF athletes, including girls’ indoor high jump champ and meet record-setter Morgan Smalls, highlight the entries at the 29th Bojangles Track and Field Classic – one of eight NSAF outdoor select meets for 2019.
Meet Home Page | LIVE Results (Milesplit.com) | LIVE WEBCAST (Milesplit.com) | Heat Sheets | Entries
NSAF Coverage: Facebook Page – Twitter Feed – Instagram (various video clips and interviews on each platform)
In addition to Smalls (Panther Creek HS, NC), who will contest Friday night’s high jump plus Saturday’s triple jump, some top NBN All-American entries include:
- 2018 NBNO outdoor high jump champ Charles “Omar” McBride (Apex HS, NC), who also won the high jump for Team NSAF in the Bahamas last spring.
- The Weddington HS (NC) boys’ 4x800, which was a close runner-up in a thrilling NBNI 4x800 last month – their 7:40.69 a North Carolina indoor state record.
- Triple jumper Chris Alexander (Rocky River HS, NC), who set both his indoor and outdoor PRs in NBN action, taking 3rd at NBNI (50-6.25) and 2nd at NBNO last spring (50-10).
- Britton Wilson (Mills Godwin HS, VA), who was a very close 2nd in the NBNI 400 at 52.72. She was also national leader at 500m this past winter. She’ll run the 400H here, where she has run 57.95 in 2018.
- Pole vauter Lindsay Absher (West Forsyth HS, NC), who was runner-up on misses at NBNI, with a tremendous PR 13-6.25. She could be challenged by 13-footer Gracie Jauch (Jefferson Forest HS, VA).
- Kori Carter of Nansemond River HS, VA: She helped lead the winning 4x200 at NBNI and is the top 100H seed here.
- Ija Mumford and Alexis Patterson of Parkland HS, NC: They were part of the 3rd-place 4x200 at NBNI; here, they will run the 4x100, while Mumford will contest the long and triple jumps and Patterson the 100, 200 and 100H.
- Sam Gilman (Hilton Head HS, SC), who was 5th in the NBNI mile out of the unseeded section (4:10.37), while also winning the Emerging Elite 800 (meet record 1:52.50). Both were PRs. He won the 3200m here last year and the mile in 2017!
- Kevin Snyder (Christ School HS, NC) was 3rd in both the triple and long jumps in NBNI 2018, then repped Team NSAF in the Bahamas. He won the LJ and was 3rd in the TJ here last year.
- Spencer Evans (Lake Norman HS) was 5th in the NBNI pole vault at 16-1.75 and leads entries here.